Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Frank McCourt Dies

Just wanted to leave a little something about teacher and author Frank McCourt, who passed away Sunday at the age of 78. I only remember his book, Angela's Ashes, about his tough childhood in Ireland. I read it in 8th grade as part of a reading assignment, I couldn't find any other book that seemed interesting yet challenging, and this one seemed to fit the description. What I found was an amazingly detailed and extremely touching book about a childhood that seemed commonplace back then, and may still be true. The level of prose and emotions evoked made me truly love the book. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, Mr. McCourt.

Published Post Number:140/146
Feel free to comment below! - and use an ID/email to get updates on responses

No comments:

Post a Comment